Choosing the right hair colour that suits your skin tone can be a bit tricky. Selecting the wrong colour can rapidly transform you from looking beautiful to disastrous. The main question that arises in everyone’s mind is how to choose the right colour for your hair? If you also have the same question mind, then continue reading.
In the human body, there is a pigment known as melanin. This pigment is responsible for your hair and skin colour. It also determines the changes in colour that your skin experiences due to various climatic conditions. Differences in the amount of melanin in a human body, its shape, size, distribution results in various skin colours.
If you are selecting a hair colour for yourself then, the most important thing to consider is your skin colour. A bad hair colour that does not match with your skin will make you look dull and awkward. Here, we have discussed a few things that should be kept in mind while choosing the right hair colour.
- Consider your skin tone: Before selecting a hair colour, you must check if you are a cool-toned or warm-toned person. Now, how can you find that? By following the below-mentioned methods:
- To check if your skin is cold or warm, you need to check your wrist under the normal sunlight. If the veins turn green in colour, then it proves that you have warm-toned skin. On the other hand, if it turns to be blue, then you have cool-toned skin.
- If you are not able to find out whether the veins turned into green or blue, you might be having a neutral skin tone, offering an olive complexion to you.
- If you have a yellow colour undertones in your skin, then you must choose hair colours that have warm overtones. One such colour is copper blond.
- If you have pinkish undertones in the skin, then your skin is cool-toned. Colours like ash blonde will be the right choice in such a case.
Hair colour for a warm skin tone
Warm tones of brown and blonde go well with skin of warm colour. Choose your shades based on your skin colour. For instance, if you have warm-toned skin, then colours like rose gold and honey blonde will be the right choice. For dark skin, choose dark brown shades like chocolate.
Right hair colour for a cool skin tone
Cool tones like platinum, ash blonde, ash brown, and white blonde are right for cool skin tones. However, you can also choose a softer warm tone like light chestnut brown or golden blonde.
Right hair colour for a fair skin tone
If you have a fair skin tone, it is better to avoid too dark hair colour. You can opt for subtle highlights. This will enhance your look. If you were born with a slight tinge of brown colour on your hair and have a fair skin tone, then choose red streaks. You will look superb.
Choose dark colours with the vibrant undertones
One of the right ways to colour your hair if you come under this category is opt highlights. Shades of red, light brown, blonde or chocolate will look best in this skin tone.