What’s more important than a beautiful smile? A wide smile warms up the person you meet. However, if you are embarrassed about your teeth, you are likely to avoid a smile. Your dental health is as important as your overall health. For instance, gum disease is associated with heart disease and stroke. And bad oral health can lead to facial, oral pain and mouth infections. The conclusion is you must take care of your teeth in a proper manner. Here are a few ways:
- Make it a point to floss naturally: Most of us have the habit of brushing your teeth twice regularly. It is a very good habit too, which everyone should follow without a miss. However, there are very few among us who floss. And when you are ready to do so, choose an unwaxed, natural floss. Waxed floss is the one which is generally coated with any petroleum bi-product. Also, select a product that has on it written “cruelty-free.” If you see this label, it proves that no animals were killed or harmed during the manufacturing of the product.
- Oil pulling: Oil pulling is one of the best ways to keep your teeth and mouth in the best condition. Begin with a tablespoon of sesame or coconut oil. Both coconut and sesame oil comes with antibacterial qualities that help to keep your gums and teeth healthy. Also, you will experience that oil pulling naturally helps in whitening your teeth fast.
How to do oil pulling:
- Swish oil in your mouth for nearly 10 to 20 minutes while you get ready in the morning. Move back and forth across the teeth.
- More you do oil pulling, longer you can do it.
- When you do swishing, spit into the wastebasket rather than doing so in the toilet, as it will clog the toilet or sink. Repeat the process regularly.
Never miss your dental appointments
In every 6 months, do deep teeth cleaning. This way, you can clean the build-up of any tartar while ensuring that you do not have to suffer from any kind of dental problems in the future.
- Get rid of stains: You must avoid things that can cause a mark in your teeth. Or if you consume such thing then, better brush your teeth after having that. For example, you must brush your teeth after having your morning cup of tea or a glass of wine. Drinking water in between offending drinks may also help you to get rid of stains. You may want to consider consuming staining culprits out of straw as well. Other staining foods include grape, cranberry juice, beetroots, tomato juice, and soda. And yes, more important, stop smoking. It causes stains in your teeth which becomes difficult to take out.
- Be cautious of bad breath: Bad breath can cause a big problem. If you are suffering from bad breath constantly even after brushing several times then, it is better to book a dental appointment. Bacterial growth on the gums, tongue, and teeth can result in bad breath.