Are you aware of an ingredient that can make your baby’s life happier and healthier? And what if that ingredient is a common one like coconut oil and still most of are not aware of the benefits of coconut oil?
Are you worried about inflammation, dry patches, or eczema on your baby’s skin? Every mom wants her baby to be fit and healthy. However, skin infections like eczema do affect babies and infants, thus causing inflammation and irritation.
Wondering what is that ingredient? Well, it is coconut oil!
Here, we cover everything that you must know about the benefits of coconut oil for your baby. Read on!
Benefits of Coconut Oil for Babies
Besides being cheap, coconut oil is packed with antiviral, antibacterial, and antifungal properties (because of the presence of lauric acid). It is also great for fighting infections and boosts the immune system. The presence of Vitamin E makes sure that the baby’s skin is smooth and moisturized well. With coconut oil, you can be sure that your baby’s skin will be moisturized, soft, and supple every time!
Benefits of Coconut Oil for Hair
Coconut oil is a medicine for all types of hair. People who use coconut oil regularly have thick, black, and soft hair. Have you ever applied coconut oil to your baby’s hair? Massaging coconut oil on your baby’s hair will reap the following advantages:
- Moisturized glossy hair
- Stimulation of hair growth
- No dryness
- Protection from lice and other infections
To enjoy maximum benefits from coconut oil, you must warm the oil a little and then massage it gently into your baby’s scalp.
Benefits of Coconut Oil for the skin
Nothing will give your baby’s skin a pink and healthy glow other than pure coconut oil. The oil is very much beneficial for the skin and has a lasting effect. The benefits of coconut oil on the baby skin include:
- Soft and moisturized skin- Coconut oil is one of the best natural moisturizers and can produce wonderful results if your baby has chapped or dry skin. In such a case, replace your baby lotion with coconut oil and you will be surprised to note the difference.
- No more rashes- Coconut oil is one of the best substitutes for diaper rash creams. How to use it for getting rid of diaper rashes? You must dab some coconut oil on the affected area and leave it for some time. Very soon you will watch the rashes vanish.
- Heals acne- Because of its antimicrobial and disinfectant properties, coconut oil helps in fighting painful acne on your baby’s skin that makes the baby feel uncomfortable.
- Treats burns and bruises- In case of burns, you need to just apply coconut oil on the affected area. Regular usage of coconut oil will heal the burn and at the same time also reduce the chances of a scar. Applying coconut oil on bruises and cuts on your baby’s skin will hive immediate relief.
- Treats Eczema- If your baby is suffering from eczema, a skin disease then, the best remedy is to use coconut oil. When the wounds of eczema open, they result in a lot of itchiness and pain. Generally, in babies, this disease occurs in the neck, forearms, legs, and cheeks. The healing properties of coconut oil can cure the damaged skin naturally without causing any harsh side effects.